Outside Plant Technician - Entry Level CONTRACTOR
Outside Plant Technician - Entry Level
Job Overview: The Entry Level Outside Plant Technician CONTRACTOR position’s primary focus is to test, service, install and repair various telecom Network elements such as Copper and Radio wireless Broadband and Voice Services. This position requires exceptional computer and communication skills. This job is in Yatahey, NM.
• Assists with the Installation, testing of copper and radio network and equipment. Keeps necessary reports about each job performed.
• Installs and repairs outside/inside cable for internet and voice services.
• Works with aerial and buried plant in all weather conditions.
• Troubleshoots copper and RF equipment.
• Works with Voice, DSL technologies, WiFi, and IP based telecommunications.
• Evaluates job sites to optimize placement of antenna radio, or copper services to the home or business.
• Assists other departments and team members to troubleshoot Network equipment.
• Climbs various sized ladders up to 30’ extensions.
• Works evenings and weekends if required.
• Warehouse inventory & stocking duties.
• Customer focused; ensures customer service is consistently provided to all customers.
• Must demonstrate excellent, professional interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with limited supervision in high performance, team environment.
• Maintains a professional appearance and hygiene.
• Perform other responsibilities as required to fulfill job function.
• At least 2 years’ experience in installing, repairing and testing various types of Network
Facilities including copper and wireless.
• Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift overhead for long periods of time
• Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 70 lbs.).
• Ability to work in all types of weather.
• Willing and able to work unscheduled overtime.
• Able to climb various ladders up to and including 30’ extensions.
• Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
• Proficient in Windows OS, Microsoft office suite & other software programs that may be required.
• At least 2 years’ experience installing and repairing POTS and/or network facilities.
• Cross training capabilities for CO and/or RF departments.
This job specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all inclusive. Contractor may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may require to have specific job-related knowledge and skills. Job duties/responsibilities are subject to change based on business needs and. Sacred Wind Communications Inc. complies with the Navajo Preference in Employment Act and EEO. Sacred Wind Communications Inc. is An Equal Opportunity Employer.