Outside Plant Technician - CONTRACTOR
Sacred Wind Communications is seeking to hire a CONTRACTOR Outside Plant Technician in Yatahey, New Mexico. Resumes will be received until the position is filled.
Position Overview: The Outside Plant Technician contractor position will test, service, install and repair various telecom Network elements such as Copper, Fiber optic and Radio wireless Broadband and Voice Services. This position requires exceptional computer and communication skills.
• Installs, tests and repairs fiber, copper and radio network and equipment. Keeps necessary reports about each job performed.
• Receives and analyzes trouble reports, pinpoints cause and corrects the trouble.
• Locates buried network facilities such as Fiber optic and Copper.
• Installs and repairs outside/inside cable for internet and voice services.
• Works with aerial and buried plant in all weather conditions.
• Troubleshoots fiber optic, copper and RF equipment.
• Works with Voice, DSL technologies, WiFi, and IP based telecommunications.
• Evaluates job sites to optimize placement of antenna radio, fiber optic
or copper services to the home or business.
• Assists other departments remotely to troubleshoot Network equipment.
• Climbs various sized ladders up to 30’ extensions.
• Safely operates equipment such as: aerial truck, trenchers, power augers, snow machines, bucket trucks, tractors, etc.
• Warehouse inventory & stocking duties.
• Customer focused; ensures customer service is consistently provided to all customers.
• Must demonstrate excellent, professional interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with limited supervision in high performance, team environment.
• Maintains a professional appearnce and hygiene.
• Perform other responsibilities as required to fulfill job.
• At least 5 years’ experience in installing, repairing and testing various types of Network
facilities, copper, fiber, wireless, IP based telecommunications.
• Ability to read and interpret network plant facility prints in a digital format.
• Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift overhead for long periods of time
• Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 70 lbs.).
• Ability to work in all types of weather.
• Able to climb poles up to 18’.
• Able to climb various ladders up to and including 30’ extensions.
• Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
• Proficient in Windows OS, Microsoft office suite & other software programs that may be required.
• At least 5 years’ experience installing and repairing POTS facilities.
• Cross training capabilities for CO and/or RF departments.
• At least 5 years’ experience in splicing Network facilities such as Copper & Fiber Optics.
• At least 5 years’ experience installing and troubleshooting T1, DSO, Digital loop carrier,
High speed internet, and Wireless radio.
• Working knowledge of various test equipment- Side kick, 965 DSP, EXFO, OTDR’s.
• Working knowledge of locate equipment for buried Fiber optics, Copper cable.
• Electronics training or experience that demonstrates knowledge of AC/DC theory & electrical circuitry.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of home/sotto network terms, including IP, DHCP, WiFi, RJ45, etc.
• Valid State driver’s license is required.
• High School Graduate or Equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telephone network or related fields.
• Must live within 45 minutes of reporting location.
This job specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all inclusive. Contractor may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may require to have specific job-related knowledge andskills. Job duties/responsibilities are subject to change based on business needs and. Sacred Wind Communications Inc. complies with the Navajo Preference in Employment Act and EEO. Sacred Wind Communications Inc. is An Equal Opportunity Employer.